View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 09:29 PM   #66
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Will has injured his right leg. It's all kinds of purple right now. He tweaked something running the bases the other day. That's unfortunate. His injury kept him on the bench for today's game. I volunteered to sit, but with his injury he sat instead.

I had duty yesterday, which consisted of me sitting in a room last night from midnight until 7:30 this morning. After that, I set some things up for the Hattrick Lake Bluff Meet, Greet, and Eat, and then went to bed at 8:30. Up at noon to head over to the Lake Bluff thing, and didn't go back to bed. Game time was 5, and we had to be there at 4:30. I left the guys at The Silo at 3:30, so I didn't have a lot of time.

I told Will I didn't want to play the field, and that if I had to hit, to hit me last. I was and am tired right now. I didn't want slow reactions to screw the team up.

So I did hit, though I'm pretty sure I didn't have to. I batted last, and that was fine with me. I think at this point I'd rather let others play to quit hearing the moaning.

My first at bat came in the 3rd inning, and I was the fourth man up. All three batters before me had got a hit, and Chad was standing at 2nd when I came up. No outs. First pitch swinging, which I normally don't do. I hit a smash right at the pitcher who had to duck out of the way to avoid getting hit. The ball continued to Chad who also had to move. Nice. Unfortunately, Chad didn't get moving quickly because he had to dance around the ball. He didn't score. I stop at 1st on a single. The next batter hits the ball to right center, and it falls in, I motor around to third and take a deep turn, but return to the bag. I score on the next hit, a grounder through the left side of the infield.

Surprisingly, I come up again in the same inning, this time with two out and two on (2nd and 1st). Again, I first pitch swing. I send a hard grounder between 3rd and short, and the runner on 2nd scores. Chad holds up at 2nd, and the next batter ends the inning. I take a mental note to take the first pitch.

I only had one other at bat for the game, and the first pitch was right down the middle. So much for that strategy. The at bat ends with a flyout to left field, and it ends the inning. Pretty disappointing at bat.

We win, 16-14. It was quite ugly. They had one hitter who brought in some runs, but the rest of the players were just walking. No hits, just friggin walks. Unbelievable.

Tomorrow's game is against the Red Ropers. I fully expect a beat down. I totally want to be sitting on the bench for this one.

For the season: 6-9, .667, 7 runs scored, 8 RBIs, 1 double, 2 triples, 3 walks.

AE