View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #62
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Part of the reason I have posted in this dynasty lately has been a few questionable decisions on the part of Will our coach. I've been moved to the bottom part of the order, and in our latest game, I'm not even on the field.

I'm an "extra hitter". Batting, 10th this time.

We win this game 9-2, but I get only two at bats as we have 12 batters in the lineup.

My first at bat I tried to take the ball to right field. Rob Chastain is at 2nd base. I take the first pitch inside for a ball. The next pitch lands in front of the plate, ball 2. A strike across the middle, and now I'm swinging. Here comes one, probably borderline inside I swing off my fists, and the looper falls in between center and the 2nd baseman. Rob's trucking away and scores. RBI for AE, and my 4th hit in 7 at bats. I go to 3rd on a groundball down the 3rd base line. I slide in underneath a tag. I score on the next at bat.

The pitcher and catcher start talking a lot of trash, and that's not something you want me to start. I'm an expert heckler, and I start after my 2nd at bat. Neither the pitcher or catcher would shut up, even while the pitch was incoming.

A pitch inside, a pitch deep, and it's 3-1. A pitch down the middle, and now I'm swinging. I'd actually like to take a swing at these two, but that's another time, another place. I hit a high deep fly ball to left field. I'm a few feet short of a homerun, though, but it was an impressive drive. I'm halfway to 2nd base when the leftfielder makes the catch.

I get to the bench and heckle the pitcher the rest of the game. What was a relatively close 4-2 game becomes a 9-2 game in no time.

The pitcher makes the last out, and I really poured it on for that at bat. He swung at a pitch in front of the plate and hit a weak pop up to 2nd.

A very confusing day, as I was 'supposed' to start at 2nd base, but end up as the extra hitter.

Last edited by Poli : 06-12-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote