View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 07:11 AM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just a bumpish update.

The schedule has been a little screwy because of Memorial Day weekend. We didn't play a game last week, but we do have one scheduled for this Friday. I'll be able to make that game.

We did end up sandbagging on Wednesday, which was the last day we did it. My back is still a little sore from that.

Thursday Will and I went to the gym and lifted. We did 3 sets of 8 of flat dumbbell press, which is like bench pressing with dumbbells, and 3 sets of 8 on the incline bench.

We followed that up with 3 sets of as many dips as we could do (and this is the reason I believe my triceps still feel like they are flat tires today). Back to the 3 sets of 8, with seated dumbbell press, alternating dumbbell curls, and french press.

To finish the lifting phase, I did 2 sets of 30 calf raises while holding 25lb dumbbells. Will declined to do that, which was probably a good thing. I felt like my calves were flat tires up until today. After the calf raises, I ran a mile.

This actually reminds me that I need to stop by Hulsey's house and pick up my sprint books.

Friday I probably should have woke up early and went to the gym before the day started, since I was headed home to Missouri as soon as I got off work. Instead, I didn't work out at all. Ditto that for yesterday, though I don't have a real gym here in Missouri. I can pay 8 bucks to use the local gym here, but that's kind of expensive to me.

Saturday and Sunday are scheduled days off in my workout plan anyway, honestly. Since I'll be driving home Monday, I'll simply push back my Monday workout to Tuesday, and Tuesday's workout to Wednesday, which was also a scheduled day off.

Hopefully, I'll remember to pick up those sprint books and I'll have a lot more fun.