View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 06:43 PM   #26759
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Seems like Kohl's is trying anything to stay afloat.

We've shopped at Kohl's for a long time - back when we would visit my parents in Texas and they didn't even have Kohl's in either Florida or Kentucky. The gimmick has always been 15-30% off offers and Kohl's Cash to get people to come back in during times when the coupons weren't great. Over time, they started restricting use of the % off coupons on stuff like Nike and other name brand stuff, but overall, you could get some pretty good deals.

We noticed a few weeks ago when we went in to use 30% deal that only 1 of the 4 things we bought was eligible for the offer. So when we got a 40% off deal over the weekend, I went onto their website to see if I could figure out what the coupon would apply to. To my surprise, they were upfront with showing you which items a coupon would work for. That's new. The other surprise was that nearly everything other than (mostly) their brands were eligible. For instance, with men's dress clothes, the only brand that is eligible is Apt 9 - no Haggar, no Dockers. For jeans, it's Sonoma - no Levi's, Lee, Wrangler, etc.

My wife went into the store, and now they show on the pricing on the racks if the coupon is eligible. That means they either got a ton of shit or knew they'd get a ton of shit if they completely restricted the items the coupons could be used for without making it apparent.

So... I think that's effectively it for Kohl's in our house, other than a few limited purchases. I'll be shopping around way more than I used to when I knew I had that coupon buffer to bring the prices down. I know they've struggled, and going this route tells me nothing they've tried has worked.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote