View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The First English/Ireland Civil War, Part Two

I gotta stop having my vassals DOW each other.

The warscore is -18

I have 5k troops in Wales and order my forces to siege the north Mercia border province called Westmoreland since Mercia is sieging English stuff.

6 Feb – I have an Inspiration event. We are at war but I have 697 cash and am gaining 0.4 monthly right now. For whom and what and how much? Actually, looks like I have two:

Nomedas – Wants 90 cash to write Book on Diplomacy which is my background by the by.

Opizzino –
Wants to forge a goblet, to start is 158 cash.

The second seems pretty pricey at war. The first seems like something our High King would do since he’s a Diplomacy expert and pastime too by the by. I sponsor Nomedas – it should take around 15 months

5 March – My grandson gave birth to a son, named Burchard!

21 Mar – We arrive in Westmoreland and begin the siege which should take around 9 months

8 April – Event – I spend 75 prestige to bring in the Daughter of Lulach II into my court.

18 Apr – Inspiration Event – Diplomacy Topics – What do I want to focus on? How about life at court?

2 May – Duke Eliar of Galloway arrives to renew his vows and we agree to do so and we get the usual benefits

20 June – England lose another battle and the warscore is -20.

26 July – Relations with Duke Goronwy are up by +25 with our Sway Scheme to +33, I stay on him

18 Sept – Event – A Good Story - This is a Court Jester event and I am tired and my Court Jester offers to read to me from a naughty text. I agree and lose 36 stress and then drop a level.

31 Oct – Westmoreland falls to us and we sack 49 cash and then we capture the Earl’s Wife which I offer to ransom and then we drop the warscore to -24. I head next door to Lancashire.

14 Nov – Inspiration Event – Wandering Scholar – We’ve had this event before I agree to pay 65 to bring in an expert named Anscar to help with the text.

We arrive at Lancashire for a 9 month siege

1 Jan, 1146 Dec – The Duchy of Gwynedd is at +34 warscore as a defender.

17 Jan – England’s capital falls and we have a negative warscore of -70

8 Mar – England tried to attack them desperately, lost, and now we have a warscore of -98

14 Mar – Inspiration Event – It’s done!!!

Famed Book – The Dal gCias Chronicles – It’s the story of my dynasty’s house. – lifetime 120 years, Prestige monthly +0.01, Renown monthly +.12, Dynasty opinion +6, Monthly Dip Lifestyle Experience +20%

Nasty!

2 April – We have a -100 warscore so I expect it to end anytime

12 April – We lose the war!

Here’s what is happening:

So, as you can see the three factions at war for liberty didn’t gain independence they dropped crown authority by one and then got weak hooks. The good news is that England won’t be hurt bad as our ally moving forward, but the bad news is that I cannot grab land from Mercia in the future.

I disband my army and I have left 4965 of 5557 and then cash of 405

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-23-2023 at 03:30 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote