View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wow that was weird and went in the opposite direction I was expecting! Because England hit Scotland first I suspected that they would take it and then I figured that by hitting Wales and grabbing it’s King title I would check English expansion into Ireland en masse in Du Jure war in one big war against the big bad, but that was stopped by their early expansion into Wales instead and now with us the Scottish title we are one province from England to get the Welsh title and then the Empire Title of Brittania would follow, so we wouldn’t split on death with multiple sons.

I currently have troops of 3367 after disbanding of 5196 so that’ll take a while to rebuild.

By the by, since the Duchy of Albany is now separate, I can DOW them anytime. By the by, after the Culture change they are now called the “Duchy of Circinn”.

21 Sept – I finish ransoming prisoners and made 25 cash

22 Sept – Inspiration Event - The Thinking Man – My inspired man keeps staring out windows and when I confront him he says he is thinking about it, I choose to relent and increase the chance but drop by 3 months in time.

23 Sept – Event – Busy month! – Armory Break In – My great-granddaughter Mairead is captured sneaking into the armory. She keeps impatient

4 Oct – I spend 100 prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – Public Accusation
– Countess Eibhleann says that Earl Aed VII is conspired against her lover. I again choose the “Accusations aren’t proof” and I gain 22 stress.

Petitioner #2 – Dust to Dust – A villager in the Isle of Man says that the local crops have been hit by blight which has hit everything even seeds, and they will starve.

I have four options:

1. Let Us Establish a Crop-Sharing Program With Other Villages – This is only available since I have a high Stewardship. The Isle of Man gains crop sharing event for 10 years
2. You Will Have the Funds You Need to Rebuild – I spend 55 cash and gain 10 court grandeur
3. Your Service will Repay the Debt - I spend 55 cash and then gain 5 years of free labor.
4. If the Fields are Barren You Shall Weld the Sword – I get the Plowshares to Swords event for Isle of Man for 5 years.

I like one and two – I choose the free option of cropsharing

Petitioner #3 – Dress Me! Dress Me!
– My Chancellor pulls me aside and is wearing a garish cap. He wants me to pass a policy that all courtiers wear clothes similar to their background and culture so I can remember them in a growing Kingdom.

I have three options this time:

1. I Never Forget a Face, I’ll be Fine – I have an event with a 60%chance of success where I remember and then gain 6 grandeur or 40 % to forgets and lose 15 relations with my vassals.
2. I’m Certain My Guests Will Wear Such Raiment Proudly – I get a 50% of them liking it or not.
3. Forget my Guests, Have the Tailor Make ME a Major Outfit – I spend 110 cash and gain 10 court grandeur

I don’t like spending the cash, but #3 is the only safe option so I take it.

I am now the owner of Diamond Studs!

9 Nov – Duke Cadwgan II is hosting Hunt over in Wales, I agree to join it!

20 Nov – Hunt Event – Snowbound- We hit snow on the way to there so I spend 55 cash to hire people to cross the snow.

21 Nov – Inspiration Event – An Alchemical Treasure – Boleslaw comes across a major work on Alchemy and I don’t take it from him and increase our chances for success.

10 Dec – (My birthday) – Hunt Event – Local Hero – We are passing by a shrine to a local uncanonized Saint. I spend 25 cash to patronize him.

6 Jan, 1135 – I arrive at the Hunt Camp.

12 Jan – We start the Hunt for a hare.

26 Jan – Hunt Event – Wildflowers – I choose not to get distracted by hunting and gain 13 stress since I am an Herbalist

2 Feb – We corner the hare

16 Feb – It flees and the hunt is over

Norway is no longer allied to the HRE and are at war with another nearby one province minor, so we could wage my next war for their Sudrland north of me in Scotland.

15 Mar – Event Heading Home – White Squall – We are hit hard at sea, it breaks the mast and throws it overboard, I choose to repair and replace since we were prepared and I lost 55 stress

21 Mar – Inspiration Event – Fickle Fillip – Boleslaw is lacking inspiration and wants help, I head with him to the library.

31 Mar – I get a Marriage Request from Sweden for my granddaughter Beatrix and their Prince Hjalmar and then the Prince is the 2nd born son of King Ogmund, this will NOT give us an alliance, but it could grow blood relations, so I like it, and I agree to do so. They are both 12

21 April – We arrive home from the Hunt

10 May – Inspiration Event – Disruptions – My Antiquarian Blanche and Boleslaw are arguing, and I choose to convince him to listen to her and improve the artifact’s quality

6 June – Event – A Liar’s Pay – My greatgrandson Brangen is captured breaking into the coffers of Duke Cadwgan’s traveling chest, and then I capture him lying to me. Since he is the heir, I spend stress of 24 to swap Deceitful for Honest.

1 Aug – Sway Scheme on Duke Gospatric III works, I stay on him, we are at +60

The 25 years I promised Countess Forblaith in my Event as my Steward passes. She has a fine 11, but I can hand it to a Duke who is a key vassal. Who’s the best Duke? Duke Lulach II with a that would improve 2, but he is my Spymaster with a massive 25 I cannot change. My best Earl is 18 Earl Cobb of Dubhlinn which is not a key vassal anymore, but that would improve me by 7 from not a key vassal either. The best Duke not in a Council role is Duke Cadwgan II of Gwynedd but we have relations of +80 despite not being my council. That would drop us two, so the 18 power of Earl Cobb or 9 of the Duke?

Let’s do the 18 one. Prior to appointing him, I am netting in cash 13.7 month after expenses. Actually, it looks like the Countess is now a Key Vassal even though she’s just an Earl, so I would drop her to by 70 since -20 for losing a council position ad -40 for wanting it and -10 for getting that spot and we are just at +46.

18 Aug - Our Inspiration is finished! He has written a tome for me that brings together everything he has researched:

Masterwork Book – Excellent Chrysopoeia
-+2% monthly income, +0.13 prestige/month, monthly Stewardship lifestyle experience +10%.

Great!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote