View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 01:02 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before I declare war, do I want to wait until the Isles is done, because I can spend piety to grab the Duchy that they are at war against, and if they fail, I can then do it myself. The issue with that is that England could spend piety and DOW for that and pull me in instead of us taking the lead. I go ahead and spend the piety for the claim in case the war fails, since it will be pressed and then pass to my son unpressed. I looked it up and if we DOW them now for Mearns that means that their war will end so I need to wait until it’s over and then DOW for Mearns if they win.

7 July – We claim the Duchy and then spend 450 piety.

20 Sept – I spend 100 prestige to Hold Court:

Petitioner #1 – Serious Business – I am petitioned by a peasant from Thomond where a disaster struck and part of their farm was destroyed. What do I want to do?

I have four options:

1. You Don’t Say, Please Go On – I gain 32 stress, and “peasant opinion” for ten years
2. Steward Forblaith, Go, Please Fix It – I lose 15 relations with her, and gain “dispute settled” for ten years
3. You Are a Fool, My Fool – I make him my Court Jester, and then “peasants not listened too” for 10 years
4. What? How Did This Man Get In? – I gain Highfalutin, I gain 32 stress

I know it’ll annoy Forblaith, but I choose to settle it.

Petitioner #2 – Public Accusation
- Countess Eibhleann approaches and says that many people have been insulting her lover. She has no proof but suspects Earl Aed VII since they always were rivals. I had this petition once before, and I take the same path this time. “Malice is not a crime” and then I gain 32 stress since I am just not lose, by the by.

Petitioner #3 – Merger of Cultural Identities – My vassal Countness Cnes approaches. She is upset that the Gaelic and Irish cultures are becoming more distinct and wants us to proof that Irish culture is the best.

I have three options
:

1. Let’s Host a Festival to Celebrate our Irish Culture – I gain 350 prestige, nasty, but my Gaelic Culture vassals drop in relations by 10 each and then I get +40 with Cnes, and hurt Irish/Gaelic culture relations by 10%.
2. Arrange for an Exhibit to Show off our Grandest Accomplishments - I gain 150 prestige, everything else save -10% relations is halved.
3. There’s No Need to Exorcise Superiority over Other Cultures – We get a -30 hit with Cnes.

I wish that the #3 helped our relations. But I’ll choose it nonetheless.

See you in five years!!!!

Do I need to sway Cnes or Forblaith? The latter is +49 so nope, but the former is +61 so nope there either.

24 Oct - Our Spymaster Earl Dommall of Dubhlinn which is no longer a key vassal died. Only the four Dukes are our key vassals no Earls are. He was a massive 82 years old. His successor:

Earl Corbb – Age 47, +71 relations, stats of 8/8/18/8/12 – prowess of 7, traits of Callous, Patient, Forgiving, Fortune Builder background, and then the Catholic faith and Irish culture.

I need to appoint a new Spymaster. The best is Duke of Moray Lulach’s massive 19. But he is my Martial. I reassign him here. Then I need a new Martial and appoint Duke Porbjorn of the Isles with his 14

12 Nov – Duke Cadwgan II’s is hosting a Hunt in Wales, I join it.

5 Dec – I unlock a new Learning Perk and I take Restraint which lets me take and leave behind celibacy.

25 Dec – Hunt Event – Rare Trinkets - I can purchase an Irish Sword for 195 cash, but I am saving for my war and was just made a sword, so I decline.

27 Dec – Hunt Event – Man Overboard! – While crossing the Irish Sea we lose a man and I organize a rescue and lose 32 stress since I am just.

1 Jan, 1130 – The Isles are at +70 in their war.

9 Jan – We arrive at the hunt in Wales

22 Jan – We agree to hunt wolves

12 Feb – We corner the wolves, they flee, we try to cut them off

26 Feb – It evades our trap and flees.

5 Mar – We finish empty handed and head home

1 April – Hunt Event – We fend off a highwayman with my Knight Stinian and he joins my court.

14 April - I have an inspiration event for a weapon, but I already had one earlier so I skip it.

8 May – Hunt Event - We come across a nice looking rabbit, shoot it, and I gain it’s paw as an artifact.

21 May – We are back home from the Hunt.

15 Oct – My Earl Aed VII arrives to redo his vows, we do and get those bonuses

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote