View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 07:11 AM   #854
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'll ask this supposed wise board since I have know Idea what to do.

I was hoping for a partner.

My girlfriend right now is asking for permanent disability because of her anxiety. She is currently getting ECT treatments to help with her depression/anxiety.

I'm afraid i'll end up being a caretaker instead of a partner(which is what I really want).

Ugh, I don't know. She can be a substitute teacher. I want her to be able to become a full time teacher. But she just crumbles before any adversity.

Ugh. I love her.

There are a lot of red flags in your post. You want her to be certain things, but she's not that person.

When she goes on permanent disability, what is going to happen? I know that you're very frugal with your money, so she's probably going to rely on you to take care of her. I don't think disability pays very much. Certainly not the lifestyle you're looking for, I'd say.

Also with any relationship, you're going to need to fight for each other, at some point. If she crumbles and isn't willing to fight for anything, your relationship definitely will not survive.

And I"m speaking from experience, I was previously married to someone like this. She quit university before finishing. Got her ideal job anyways, but after a year quit because it was too much. I ended up supporting her 100%. At some point she turned all of this against me, because I didn't make her happy enough, and she cheated on me.

Find someone who is going to fight for the things they want in life, and fight to keep the things they have.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote