View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 02:09 PM   #63
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
Seems like you have gotten future year draft picks several times when trading down in the 1st round. Was this rule changed?

Yes, I decided to change the rule. On one or two occasions, Imade trades that i felt were balanced, but had to involve future picks to be so. Moving down from #1 overall to the middle of the first round realistically would involve a first rounder - and when I couldn't find any team with two firsts in the current year's draft, I went with my next best option - dealing for this year's first and next year's first instead.

I still will not make trades that take advantage of what I perceive to be the real AI weakness there -- that the game doesn't properly recognize that all future draft picks are not equal. It's too easy for your team, as a perennial power and late-picker to swap top picks with a perennial doormat and early-picker. So, I won'tmake any trades that have elements of that - and I suspect now that we're a pretty good club, we won't be trading down much anyway (the only time this has come into play).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote