View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #40
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess the point is that if the "line" puts me on one side and an organization, such as the KKK on the other, I don't see many people objecting to that.

Plenty do, it's kind of why the laws of this country support their right to exist as an organization. Their right to exist protects all of our rights to freedom of speech. We know that if the law protects a group that hated, it will protect us when we dissent.

Quote:
We should be allowed to ban illegal organizations and disident groups.

Ban dissident groups?!! WTF? So any group that disagrees with the leadership of the country should be gone? That would mean Republicans under Clinton's Administration would be banned!

Quote:
The Hizb ut-Tahrir has no place in any peaceful society. While they are not pulling the tirggers themselves, they are fueling the fires of hatred and segregation.

No, they are offering legitimate political positions without advocating violence. They should be allowed to articulate their views on how the world looks just like neo-conservatives should be allowed to articulate their views on the world. Frankly, I don't think you'd like it much if France or Germany banned neo-conservative groups because they believe that they fuel the fires of hatred and segregation by wanting to transform the world in to the American worldview.

It's just blatent hypocrisy, Blair's actions, really.