View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was giving the Brits a lot of credit for {in bad British accent}a stiff upper lip {end bad British accent}. They had a bunch of busses bombed and there they were, a few hours later, "Bombings, schmombings. Where's my darn bus? It's late and I've gotta get home" or "Terrorists? Nah, they're dead. They blew themselves up. Time to catch the bus". In this country, people wouldn't fly for months. Heck, my mom, who has traveled for work her whole life to parts of SE Asia, Africa, South America, everywhere- very comfortable with flying, asks me "Are you sure you still want to fly home for Thanksgiving" "No, I want to drive the 12 hours from KC to Houston. Of course, I'm flying. And probably won't be nearly as crowded as in year's past at the airport." Even really rational people were overly irrational about it, we got some crazy security changes that make no sense and won't prevent anything (is it that hard to not lose a @#$# lock, TSA?!? I've already lost 3 that you brain surgeons couldn't reattach to a simple suitcase).

And it looked like the Brits were over it in a day- it was really heartening to see. But, no, apparently stupidity is a trap you can fall into all over the world. It's like Blair is taking a page out of the American's "Trample Civil Rights" playbook on this one.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-06-2005 at 01:16 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote