View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:08 AM   #762
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My evaluation of the three older quarterbacks before the draft was that they all were great college quarterback mostly because they benefited for the extra time they had to develop. By the end of their college career, they were men playing among boys. The three (Daniels, Penix and Nix) have pretty much developed into what they are and probably have very little growth left. Habits at this point have set in and are going to be much harder to change. Daniels is the most talented of the three, and I think he is going to be a solid starter in the NFL. His legs put him a bit over the top. Maybe not MVP level, but solid. Penix is an average starter. Serviceable, but nothing exciting. His injury history also suggests he might not stay on the field at the next level. Nix is a below average starter. He is going to look much more like Auburn Nix than Oregeon Nix in the NFL.
Of course, I could be wrong, and at least for Penix, I hope I am. But reaching for an older and often injured player to sit for two years or more just looks dumb.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote