View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 06:30 AM   #94
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I suspect that there's sort of a "muscle memory" sort of thing at work here. It probably has to do with the fact that the ratings color scheme has worked that way for, I think, over 20 years (probably FOF4) I remember when combines were first given colors...probably in FOF2K4, maybe FOF2K7. People squawked about red being "good" then...but having done it that way for 15-20 years, you don't hear complaints about it any more because a lot of folks are just used to it.
To give another example of this sort of "gaming muscle memory," I've angered a number of players/agents in FOF9 because the "Yes" and "No" buttons switched sides when confirming an offer to a free agent. I just reflexively click on the button to the left to confirm, because that's what I've done forever...even though it's clearly marked as "No."

I must admit the red/green issue has always and continues to annoy me. In the past I modded that file in FOF8 to make me happy. Still in the end I realize that I just have to get over it.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote