Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:41 AM   #89
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

German right wing ideologues have taken to american right wing ideology very easily. It's just more viable and "compatible" (not really captures what the german expression, "anschlussfähig" means though) with members of more mainstream society than oldschool (neo)nazi ideology.

This particular stream is what in the US is known as the sovereign citizen movement, both having their own 'folklore' of why their respective country's government is illegitimate but essentially being very similarly styled movements.

Reichsbürger movement - Wikipedia

I mean, they are crazy and frankly idiotic but they are also mostly one step removed from people that are in positions to do real damage. I mean, heck, in this group itself you have former high ranking military and a judge and former member of parliament (not 20 years ago but 2 years ago and still filling an active role for her right wing party which is surfing the asshole resurgence to the tune of 15% in polls).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote