View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #131
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
I think that the gun, mace, and maybe tazer she was carrying was supposed to compensate for her lack of size.

Well they don't compensate very well if she's not strong enough to keep them away from those in her custody, now do they? I thought one of the things taught in the police academy is how to subdue a suspect without the weapons. Is that not the case anymore? If so, why didn't this female officer succeed in subduing Nichols?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Come on, be P.C . Anyone out there can do any job out there, and physical limitations should not be taken into account. Would these people still be alive if he was being guarded by a man who was 6-8 and 345 lbs? That's not the issue here. The issue is that you can't discriminate against anyone, ever. We honestly can't say that a mentally challenged paraplegic albino dwarf-cop would have been any less effectictive in this situation.

I know you're being sarcastic here, but sadly sometimes I think that's what this world is coming to.

I'm not so bold as to say that had a man been guarding this guy that no one would have died today. I just don't know that. I just have questions. Would Nichols thought twice if a 6'4" man weighing 220lbs was guarding him? Would a larger man been able to subdue him?
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote