View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #167
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
Jennings is a three-time all-pro, who posted numbers slightly better than those of Sellers this season: 1,002 yards and 7 TDs. He caught 86 of 115 passes thrown his way, for an 11.6 ypc average. Very solid season, needless to say.

Both of them, incidentally, are up for grabs next season - which shoudl be interesting to watch. I don't know if i can pay $5m a year for Sellers, which is what I expect him to demand. But it would certainly be tough to let him walk away.

It might be time for a "one more time" season, where I load up on backloaded contracts in an effort to squeeze one more top-tier season out of my existing bunch. That might add a new twist, as I have been so very conservative in the spending department, for the most part.

Wow that is amazing. Those are numbers that only Gonzalez and Sharpe have matched in the last few seasons. I am not sure how well this is theory works in FOF but in real life I am a big supporter of evaluating players against some sort of replacement value(if I lost this player and had to replace him with a backup or "street" free agent how much would I lose). It's kind of a nice method and I would imagine that both these guys score very high on this test. Getting almost 1000 yards out of a position that most teams get 400-500 is huge. Plus look at how sure handed he was 77 of 100 complete. I think $5 mil is probably well worth the huge production you got out of Sellers this year.

I kind of like the idea of going out in a blaze of glory and have done that several times I have played before. With the cap out feature you can really clear lots of space and go after some big free agents you normal don't have a shot at. Trade some or all of your draft picks and you can build a one year juggernaught. Of course it all would fall apart quickly afterwards
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote