View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 09:48 PM   #164
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
Congrats on the win. Maybe your best job of coaching to get this team over the hump and winning the superbowl. A couple of tidbits:
Code:
All-League First-String Tight End Johnnie Jennings CIN
What kind of numbers did he put up. Sellers put up incredible number for a TE and I just can't imagine what Jennings must have done:
Code:
Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 80 Sellers TE 100 77 923 11.9 260 7

Good point, very observant.

Jennings is a three-time all-pro, who posted numbers slightly better than those of Sellers this season: 1,002 yards and 7 TDs. He caught 86 of 115 passes thrown his way, for an 11.6 ypc average. Very solid season, needless to say.

Both of them, incidentally, are up for grabs next season - which shoudl be interesting to watch. I don't know if i can pay $5m a year for Sellers, which is what I expect him to demand. But it would certainly be tough to let him walk away.

It might be time for a "one more time" season, where I load up on backloaded contracts in an effort to squeeze one more top-tier season out of my existing bunch. That might add a new twist, as I have been so very conservative in the spending department, for the most part.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote