View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Seems stupid to me, I would say if anything the store that he got the game from should be fined heavily. Or whomever bought the game for him should be, there are "rules" in place to keep kids from playing these games.

They are being sued too. They said it last night and it is pretty far down in the article I linked to.

"Strickland, along with Mealer's parents, are suing Moore, as well as Wal-Mart and GameStop, which sold Moore two versions of Grand Theft Auto. Both companies sent us letters insisting they bear no responsibility for Moore’s actions, and that the game is played by millions of law-abiding citizens.

Take-Two Interactive, the creator of Grand Theft Auto, and Sony, which makes the device that runs the game, are also being sued. Both declined to talk to 60 Minutes on camera. Instead, they referred it to Doug Lowenstein, who represents the video game industry. "