View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

9 Black Guys Walk Into A Stadium

In 1943 Bill Veeck tried to buy the Philadelphia Phillies. He was denied. The reason? Veeck intended to stock the Phillies with the best players the Negro Leagues had to offer and let them loose on MLB.

The Phillies were eventually sold to a lumber company for half of what Veeck had offered.

This is the story of what could have been, what should have been. What would have happened if Veeck was successful in his quest? What if on opening day, 1944, the Philadelphia Phillies marched 9 black ballplayers onto the field?

This is a Baseball Mogul dynasty. I've created 13 of the greatest Negro League players from the era and put them on the Phillies. They are all rated extremely high, maybe too high, but that's my prerogative. To counter balance things I'm playing the game on the hardest setting, but who knows exactly how hard that is. The idea, more than anything with this dynasty, is to have fun reshaping baseball history.

I wont be too intensive with my stat reporting, just more or less giving general year by year overviews and updates.

After this initial season I'll do no more tinkering with things, everything else will happen as it did, or at least how it does.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote