View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 03:39 PM   #167
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I like those vibes! I am down with them. Either an Oregon OL or Sewell's little brother.

Looking at various sites, they list the Lions biggest post-FA needs as generally: DT, LB, TE, interior OL, back-up QB and CB. I agree that WR3 is still a need, but maybe not as high a priority since we're talking WR3 and not a WR1 or 2.

The Lions really struggled against the run. Even during their "get right" period in the second half of the season, they were still absolutely gashed by Carolina in that one game. They gave up an average of 5.2 yards per carry, which isn't good. Their current DTs aren't stout enough against the run, which is why Jalen Carter feels like such a good fit, assuming his available and the team clears him. He's massive and could really help solidify the run defense with a large presence in the middle.

I think an upgrade at LB would help here as well. A combination of undersized, penetrating type DTs and poor LB play isn't great for a solid run defense. It's another reason why I don't think Clancy is a great fit for this team at DT, as much as I like him.

They have a bunch of UDFAs at TE. They made it work post-Hockenson, but an upgrade would be huge.

They have talked again and again at needed to sort out the back-up spot for Goff and they haven't. It's still only Nate Sudfeld.

While the Lions have totally rebuilt their secondary through free agency, Cameron Sutton is the only CB of note on the roster signed after this year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote