View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 10:43 AM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1158 – I have in cash 1336 and I can hold court!

I spend 100 prestige:

Petitioner #1 – The Day of Truth – We’ve had this one before, my Steward Duke Goronwy wants to do a survey that will know where everything is to increase our taxation. I choose to pay 285 to begin it since refusing would hurt relations by 30 and that’s our Welsh independent Duke I want to keep in good relations.

Petitioner #2 - Personal Matter –
Duke Bleddyn III from Powys and his wife approach. She complains that Earl Setna of Ulster is trying to seduce her husband and Duke Bleddyn clearly doesn’t like this publicly aired.

I have three options:

1. Such Outrages Won’t Be Tolerated – I lose -10 with Earl Setna, this is a crime so it’s publishable by things.
2. We Shall See if There is Any Truth – I have an Intrigue challenge with Earl Setna, his family lose 15 relations with me. If it fails I imprison him.
3. Is There Any Proof? – I lose 10 relations with the Duchess.

I choose #3 since it seems fair.

Petitioner #3 – From Beyond the Border – I am approached by the Bishop from one of Thomond’s Baronies, that has been holding Irish culture places and such. As assign of good will he wants to offer ancient Irish texts translated into my language (I am Franconian as a reminder).

I have two options, but not really:

1. I Gladly Accept! – I gain +10 relations from my Irish Vassals, I gain 6 court grandeur, i gain 75 prestige.
2. Get it Out of Here - The Bishop relations drop by 30.

Why would you choose #2? I choose the first!

I now have 1051 cash and am ready for death since I am 70. Our peace is up with Norway and I could DOW for the last two holdings in the Duchy of the Northern Isles. And I have the cash and army rebuilt and more than 4k prestige to do so. And they only have 1098 troops. But I am not going to do so until I die since I can DOW with my son and I don’t want to die in a war and then spend cash for gifs to make nice while having my army ready.

So let’s do it!

5 Jan – My Court Grandeur level rises to 8!

2 Feb – At the age of 59, my Antiquarian and relative Iliana has passed who was my son’s wife has passed. My new one?

Antiquarian Pribyslava – 31 years old, Average ability, made my wooden Throne.

1 June – Duke Goronwy of Gwynedd passes at the age of 40. His wife succeeds:

Duchess Tangwystl
– Age 50, Catholic, Welsh, Lustful, Cynical, Generous, stats are 7/5/3/26/8, prowess of 0, relations of +87. Her background is Elusive Shadow and that 26 in Intrigue would be better than Duke Oddr at 6 who is just there to make nice by 20.

Who is my best Steward to offer to? Duke Oddr at 17, so I offer that to him and her with the Spymaster thing. Our relations rise to +100.

11 June – King Guy of England won a Civil War against his tyranny.

5 July – Day of Truth Survey Completed – We go from netting 18.3/month to 18.6/month. His Stewardship is 17 if you’ll recall.

11 July – Sway Scheme finished on Duke Farannan for a +100 relations

1 Sept – Event – Duke Farannan becomes my Steward for 25 years. He has a 14. I begin to make nice with Duke Oddr who has an +85 relations.

11 Dec – Apparently King Guy was at war with Gwynedd for a War of and he won against their claim in Carmarthenshire.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote