View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 12:09 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Luckily my army was barely damaged in the war. I have 5049 of 5545. I hold off appointing Prince Michael since we don’t want to drop by 20 for moving someone, and his 17 Dip is the same as Gospatric II who is scheming against me

It looks like both Welsh Dukes are now trying to scheme for independence and that’s enough to push them forwards.

Once a new King arrives, you can hold, court,

I do so and spend 100 prestige:

Petitioner #1 – Monument Restoration – I think we’ve had this one before. The recent war took a toll on the countryside and I have three options. Do I want to rebuild for 100 cash in Ossory? And I get boosts but I could need to save for Civil War. I spend it.

Petitioner #2 – Contractual Companies
– I think this is new. Duke Cadgwan II of Gwynedd boldly steps forward and offers to drop the Welsh malcontents but to renegotiate our deal in exchange.

I have five options:

1. I Accept - I spend 10 grandeur to drop our contractual relations with him and Powys to low. Independence faction ends.
2. So You are Plotting Against Me! – I seize him.. this is an act of tyranny
3. Come Cadgwan Forget the Others – I try get him to leave with a 86% chance of success and the Independence Faction is dismissed. I hand him Athlone.
4. See Sense, Knavery Will Do You no Good – I try to convince him but with just a 35% of success.
5. You Play a Dangerous Game – I spend 150 prestige and drop discontentment by 5

I like the first since end it for sure, but it’ll drop our grandeur and cash and troops from Wales

Petitioner #3 – Noble Privileges – We’ve had this one before where a current key vassal that’s in my council wants a guarantee of it. This time it’s Duke Gospatric III who wants it of Lothian. What do I do? It looks like he pulled out of the Gaelic Catholic Populist movement and I want to make nice with him. I decline and drop relations by 10 to +89

22 May – Prince Michael sets up a scheme to replace me with him

I begin to ransom prisoners

Prince Michael is attacking The Isles Duchy

7 Aug – My best friend passes and I go critical with +65 stress, so what do I want to do? I press on and lose 32 stress

7 Oct – My vassal Duke Gospatric arrives and wants to renew our vows and I agree!

I order my Steward to build up a claim for the Orkney Islands

27 Dec – Sway Scheme succeeds on Duke Murchad which is +42 next is Prince Michael

1 Jan, 1143 – England is the defender of a Civil War and calls for us to join them! I join their war. After all, they’ve helped me many times so I owe them and most of Scotland with their aid and then I don’t want to swap leaders and thus my alliance.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-19-2023 at 12:51 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote