View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #14
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

When you get down to it, I think it was a good start. It's hard to play catch up when there was such a delay to continuity.

I like in the beginning how everything seems idyllic before the decay and corruption seep in...(mmm Meadow's dancing)

When we get to Carmela and Adrianna (dream sequence - nightmare)...and themewise- it seems everything is about dread.

From Junior's complete breakdown (I was not surprised by the ending, it was coming a mile away), Eugene's breakdown in family life (both mob and genetic), and so forth, you get a sense of just how far Tony has become mired and disconnected.

I did love when he cursed his string of bad luck and the next scene is the snitch dying with the crucial info to send Tony to jail.

With the ending, I think that things will accelerate now...there will be a power struggle. Hell, even Vito talked about being boss (Big gay Vito!). Phil and his gang will see the vaccuum as a means to wreak havoc. And Johnny Sack won't have much control with his own issues inside the clink.

It's a nice setup, and you need a setup before the gun can be fired.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote