View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #45
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
The best option... beat him. Let him know who is boss I have never gotten out of line with my parents because I use to catch beatdowns( not actual ones) I am still afraid of my mom and I am taller and weight more then she does... Spank your kid... the media makes it seem like it is a crime to correct your kid. Just my opinion...

It's a tough decision. All the literature says "don't" but I was, and I can remember having that fear in me as a young child (so much so I wouldn't do the things that caused me being spanked). However, in the few times where my anger has gotten the best of me, striking this child has done NOTHING but make things worse. Again, he just doesn't put 2 and 2 together and realize there are consequences to actions. Striking this child only confuses the hell out of him - as if you're hitting him for tying his shoes and brushing his teeth. He just doesn't get it.

For example - I can "lose it" and smack him for not staying in bed. I can then place him in bed and, while screaming (partly because he's in pain, but also because he is what he is) he will get up and get out of bed again. Spanking this child does nothing.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote