View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 10:00 AM   #363
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And what if there isn't one?

That is not an option, is it? There is always HAS to be the right QB in the draft which is why so many teams HAVE to take a QB in a draft no matter what.

The flaw teams and the league have made for themselves is making it so if you don't have a potential HOFer starting at QB for your team, you have almost no chance at ultimate success. Finding a QB is hard and while I get the whole take a QB whenever you get the chance until you find the one theory and theories similar to that, you still have to build the right team around the QB.

Despite all of us knowing that it was not intentional, a team like the Falcons may have gotten it right. They seemed to have built a pretty team outside of the QB position, tried their luck with a young guy they drafted. When that did not work, they dropped a vet QB as a finishing touch. The Rams, Bucs, Jets and the Broncos seemed to have used a similar strategy to various levels of success. The Steelers are going in that direction as well.

I hope Justin Fields can at least have a Geno Smith like career. I would love to see a controlled experiment where the Bears dropped their new rookie QB into the same team that they dropped Fields into to see who would make the better of that situation. But alas, they have decided to make sure their rookie QB had things like a true #1 receiver, improvements on the O-line and an all round improved defense. Let's see how a rookie QB fits into that sort of team. That is not to dissuade those that say that Fields is among the worst QB prospect in the history of the NFL and would have been horrible no matter the situation he was placed in. It is to say that by not putting their new QB in a similar situation, the Bears are acknowledging that it probably was not the best situation to put Fields in as they did.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote