View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 09:30 PM   #30
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Next step, media relations drop a level.

I can now do two domestic actions. My public approval and media relations are in the toilet, so I'm going on a presidential press tour. I finally pass a roll, and my media approval goes back up.

Next, I've got to improve my party relations. It costs me an AP, leaving me with only 2 for the rest of the year, but it works.

The final step is legislation. First off, since I have no friends in congress, and 4 opponents, all my bills end up moving further away from being passed. Secondly, since there is no cooperation at all, no bills will get passed this turn. And finally, as if I don't have enough issues, I roll terribly again, and now there's corruption. My secretary of defense is involved in a scandal. My party relations drop to the lowest possible level. My public approval is now at the lowest possible level. My RWC also drops a level. I should resign, but I'll soldier on.

My energy independence bill dies in congress. My enemies go on the morning news shows to trash me, but the joke's on them, my public approval can't go any lower.

Back to my scandal. I should have a +6 DRM, but have embarrassingly hit the +3 DRM max for this roll. If you guessed I rolled the worse possible result, you are correct. The investigation into the scandal shows that I was involved with it. I lose an AP, also RWC drops, and public approval would drop if it wasn't at the minimum. The scandal deepens, and I lose my last remaining AP.

Honestly, I don't know how this can get any worse. But I'm sure we'll find out.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote