View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 06:27 PM   #13
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Next up is to draw a crisis chit. The result is to draw 2 event cards. The first card is Misunderstanding and Neglect Hurt Ally Relationship. That doesn't sound good. I get a tension for Australia, and a tension for my cabinet. I choose to spend 2 AP's to end the event instead of having more problems occur.

The next event is some radicals from my party push a controversial education bill. I take a hit to public approval, and get another tension on my cabinet, which puts me at 4. I then have to choose whether to support or oppose the bill. My party relations are pretty good, and my public approval is garbage, so I choose to oppose the bill. This knocks my party relations down 2 levels, but my public approval and media relations go up. It is now a bill I oppose, and education reform is now the public's new #1 priority.

I have to draw another crisis chit, and once again need to draw 2 event cards. The first one is Iraqi Leader Friendly to US Slain in Car Bombing; Political and Social Chaos Ensues. Oh dear. A level 2 terror group is now level 3, regional crisis is now level 3 in the Middle East, and regional alignment drops to level 4. The Middle East is now a giant mess for me.
But wait, I still have another card. I draw Camp David Summit. I can choose to either invite congress members, or members from a region. I think the Middle East is a bigger issue than congress right now, so that's what I choose. Unfortunately, I screw it up, and the regional alignment is trending even worse.

To add to the pain, I have to draw one final chit, which results in drawing 3 more cards. I know pain is coming. The first card is a NAFTA event. I can choose to spend AP's on Canada, Mexico, both or neither. I choose to spend 2 on Canada, but not Mexico. As a result, the US economy is no longer trending downward, crisis level in Central America is up to 3, and the public hates it, dropping me down to 28% public approval.

Card # 2 is Partisan Gridlock. All bills shift to the right, which lowers their chance of getting passed, and bipartisan cooperation is now contentious, which is the lowest level, which means no more bills can be introduced during legislative session. I choose to call for more bipartisan congress, which results in a public approval boost, but another hit to my party relationship, which is now becoming a problem. I pass a RWC roll, so my RWC goes up 1, and a get a much needed friend in congress.

For the last of the pain, I'm hoping to survive one more card. It's Extreme Heat and Electrical Grid Failures. Domestic crisis goes up to 1, public approval drops yet again. This is a cascading event, so it doesn't go away.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote