View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 09:44 AM   #7
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I drew the "A" chit. The first action is to check the world economy, and rolled improving. China's economy went up a level because of this. Next, the EU is checked. I rolled Low Interest Loans, which reduces the crisis level in Eurozone, but it was already at 0, so no effect.

Our first ally, NATO, gets to act now. Allies relationship level can be Very Close, Close, or Estranged, and this determines how many joint actions can be performed. We are very close with NATO, so we can perform 2 joint actions. Our first action is to request UN humanitarian aid for Africa. Unfortunately, this was unsuccessful. For the second action, I attempted to de-escalate the conflict between them and Russia. If Russia and NATO go to war, it is an auto-loss. We were successful there, and the conflict track is at the lowest level. In addition, we removed a tension each from NATO and Russia.

Allies then act on their own accord. There are DRM's based on various conditions around the world, mostly relating to tensions and wars. They chose to train, to increase their military strength. Their relative strength to Russia is now equal.

ROK (South Korea) is the next to act. We're very close with them as well. With the naval maneuvers in the region, tensions are very high, so my first joint action is to remove 2 tension markers from them, which always succeeds. My second is to de-escalate the conflict with North Korea (DPRK). Once again, it was successful, moving them back to their starting position (2) on the track, and removing more tension. They still have a tension chit as they do their unilateral action, which will tend to push them more aggressive. They end up with a +3 DRM, and I roll high, so I know this will not be good even before I look up the result. They decide to do a cyber attack on North Korea.

This is a separate event, and I do a random roll to determine their target. They go after the military and government infrastructure. It was a major success, which reduces DPRK's military strength. ROK is now +1 over DPRK. Not only that, but it was executed flawlessly, so the world was unaware of the action.

Next is Iran. They decide to disrupt oil to the West. Good thing the world economy increased, because now it is going the opposite direction for both us and the EU.

Finally we check unstable states in Central and South America. There is one unstable state in each region, but the rolls say there is no change to either of them.

My allies did a good job. The economy improved, which offset Iran's actions. We were able to reduce tensions in the two areas I was really concerned with. Africa is still a problem though.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote