View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 11:05 AM   #343
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm assuming the US does kindof want Ukraine to win this war. And, yes, there's a value to just weakening Russia. And, yes, I get that we can't go in without a risk of WW3.

But I feel like the window for Ukraine to actually "win" this war is narrow. And I think the most impactful thing we could do would be to provide them with anti-air and anti-tank defense. Anti-tank, we're doing the best we can - lots of personal surface-to surface missiles. We've also sent some anti-air but those come with limitations. And, well, we can't just drop missile systems and trucks in there. But the whole "give them planes" should be a no-brainer. Like what fell apart there? Isn't there some way to trade F-14s for Migs or F-14s and baseball's best friend "cash considerations" for Migs that would help with this problem? Or maybe see if Ukraine just happens to have some foreign nationals that have A-10 flight experience?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-04-2022 at 11:07 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote