View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 06:58 PM   #328
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Half of Republican voters in this country have a bigger arsenal than that. You killed a bunch of people and destroyed a hospital for 8 guns.
In terms of what was left behind, I count 11 guns and three grenades, along with some tactical vests or body armor of some sort. Obviously it's not a massive cache, although I'm not sure if that's what they were expecting to find. Even if it was being used by Hamas for that purpose, it would seem prudent on their part to get as much out of there as possible as soon as the IDF was moving in. If the number isn't zero, then I'm also not sure what the cut-off is supposed to be in terms of guns and grenades inside what is supposed to be a military free zone under international law.

In any event, it does seem to corroborate what both the IDF and the USDOD were saying about Hamas using hospitals to carry out some sort of military operations, be that housing hostages or something else. It also gives more credence to the alleged armory in the basement of the children's hospital.

Finally, it's yet another example of information coming from Hamas or the Hamas-run Health Ministry which is later debunked, including:
  • Israel airstrike on the al-Ahli Hospital kills 500 people
  • Hamas does not use people as human shields
  • Hamas does not use hospitals for military operations
You'll have to forgive me when I'm skeptical about anything Hamas or the Health Ministry claims (likewise, I appreciate this goes both ways in terms of some of the claims coming out of Israel).

As an aside, I will say that for an "open air prison," the MRI centre in Gaza City looks more modern and in better condition than the last place I went to for an MRI, although that may be more of an indictment on Canadian health care than it is on the conditions in Gaza.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote