View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #96
Flasch186
Coordinator

I guess this has become more of a therapy thead for me, sorry but I'll pst kind of like a journal just to get it out.

I talked with Aiden, the wife and I did, and asked him if he really wanted this...baseball, competitive, this team, this group, or just rec, and he really vehemently through tears expressed his desire to want to do this.

So we ended up in the garage working through the mentality of being more aggressive, loading more aggressively - shoulder to chin which will naturally encourage the body to stay closed for longer and physically make it harder to step out as dramatically as he is.

We talked about the battle, the desire to hit/move the lineup along has to be greater than the fear of getting hit. I hit him a few times with a softer tee-ball while going through the process of load etc but in the end, this is his own mental battle.

I've given him the tools and framework to fight, his coaches have expressed a desire to want to see him succeed, his therapist has worked on it & we'll see if he joins in the fight.

He has practice tonight and it's live bp/hitting.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote