View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #87
Flasch186
Coordinator

I feel bad for me 4 years ago

I think it was PM above who mentioned the perfectionism thing. Yesterday was a terrific example of it and the pain he and we are going through.

He has struggled to hit in games and he knows it obviously but he’s on the A team and getting better all of the time.

They held a dbl header yesterday and he was good in the field, caught a ripped liner and did everything else well.

At the plate he hit a sharp grounder to SS that caused the kid to bobble and Aiden beat it out and then he ripped another grounder past that SS for a single in addition to a walk and he showed hesitancy intermittently throughout them all but fought it. He Stole a bunch of bases and scored as well.

I complimented him on his effort his willingness to give himself his best chance and his willingness to forgive himself on one error he made because he was playing SS for the first time in his life and covered the bat at serving on a stolen base attempt and got discombobulated on the catch and tag because he’s a lefty.

Anyways I saw a lot of progress and at home he absolutely melted down. In the worst, I’m stupid, I can’t hit in games, my hits were grounders and not lovers or home runs, I don’t deserve anything, I should be kicked off of the team, I’m at the bottom of the lineup because I suck, etc etc

Anyways just posting out here for those in it with me. Ashley and I meet the new sports therapy coach (therapist) today to cover everything to her. She’s three times as expensive as the first girl but this is more tailored towards confidence building, tool building, etc and she works with professional athletes like gardener minshew etc.

I really think everything he’s dealing with currently in baseball and his head translates perfectly to life so I see it as attacking one by attacking the other. I just hope that he can enjoy all of this because he’s so gifted but just torments himself so. He loves the game so much but anything less then perfection is a failure. We have to allow him to love him someone and enjoy this. Writing isn’t an option as that would set the tone for the rest of his life and he says he wants a career in and around baseball (I think he’d be a great player agent) so it’s not that there isn’t the desire there it’s just that he’s wired through us etc to take the harder road I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-21-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote