View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 05:34 AM   #598
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If Wilson is QB1 for even half the season for any reason other than injury or the Broncos are 2-7 and they have nothing left to lose, then this offseason did not go the way it was supposed to. I assumed they brought him in as veteran competition/depth, not to realistically compete for the job. I have to imagine that in mid-February when plans were being solidified to dump Russ, acquiring Zach Wilson to be the starter was not Plan A, B, C, D or E.

But who knows - the guy can probably look good for a game or three. But plenty of guys have done that.

I don't think Wilson will be a good QB in the long run for the Broncos. The best explanation that anyone can give for the Broncos acquiring Wilson is that they are taking a flyer that the setup in Denver is better for him than the setup in New York. I assume that the Broncos believe that the setup will allow him to play better in Denver than in NY. Not Super Bowl winning QB better, not Pro Bowl level QB better, just better than he was in NY. If that is not the case, then the only reason I can see for bringing him in is that the Broncos are intentionally trying to go 0-16 this season and brought in Wilson to assist in that goal.

Again, IF Wilson is better with the Broncos, we know the narrative about him will change. There is always a narrative change when the bust QB in one organization succeeds in another. Maybe he has been throwing with the wrong hand or he got his eyes checked and someone realized that he was colorblind. Maybe it will be that he no longer has the pressure of being the #2 of his current team. I have no idea what the story will be. I am just curious what it will be and who gets the credit.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote