View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 07:28 PM   #597
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
IF Zach Wilson is successful this year, how do we look at him and who gets the credit?

I feel like Wilson becomes a lesser version of Jared Goff, the Sean Payton is a HOFer train gets going and no one on the Jets coaching staff gets to come within 50 miles of a young QB.

If Wilson is QB1 for even half the season for any reason other than injury or the Broncos are 2-7 and they have nothing left to lose, then this offseason did not go the way it was supposed to. I assumed they brought him in as veteran competition/depth, not to realistically compete for the job. I have to imagine that in mid-February when plans were being solidified to dump Russ, acquiring Zach Wilson to be the starter was not Plan A, B, C, D or E.

But who knows - the guy can probably look good for a game or three. But plenty of guys have done that.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote