View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 06:29 PM   #1
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Coach Graham Sims: A Pennsylvania Story (FBCB)

Hi again. I'm Graham, and I'm back for another try with my college basketball dynasty idea.

As I wrote in my first thread:

"At first, I thought I'd write the usual "coach begins at small school and tries to work his way up to a national powerhouse" story. I do enjoy playing this kind of career, but this time I decided to approach it from a different angle.

My coach will spend his entire career coaching in a single state. He won't apply for, or accept, a job offer outside that state's borders."

I chose Pennsylvania, and I'm returning there for this story, too.

I'll be playing Fast Break College Basketball this time, and my story will begin in the spring of 2011. I don't mind turning the clock back a decade. The conference alignments made more sense to me then.

Coach Graham Sims is back, and this time he's the head coach at Lafayette.

After a successful high school career in northern Virginia, Coach Sims attended Villanova. He played four years there as a walk-on, and graduated in 2001. A decade later, he's beginning his career as a collegiate head coach. I've made him an Average coach, because I'd like to give him a chance to enjoy a long and successful career.

I hope we'll all enjoy discovering how that career will turn out.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 03-31-2024 at 09:29 PM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote