View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 03:49 PM   #841
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don’t know much about his personality or character, but I’ve always felt kind of bad for Rattler. I know there’s been some reports that he wasn’t a great teammate early on (and apparently was immature in a documentary about him during high school).

I followed him some as a B12 fan and he seemed as if he was the heir apparent to Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts in Lincoln Riley’s offense, lost 2 games (both by one score) his first season going 9-2 during the Covid season, started 2021 as one of the faces of college football and started 6-0 without dominating, but got benched mid-season for not crushing people for what we now know was a generational talent in Caleb Williams. Oklahoma ended up losing two games that year anyway because their defense was uncommonly poor (by their standards), but Rattler’s 2020 season was arguably as good as Williams’ Heisman year (less yards passing and rushing, but higher passer rating, yards per attempt, and completion pct).

Just kind of wild how he lost his job (15-2 as a starter with pretty outstanding stats) and fell so far. I doubt he’ll ever be a starter, but hopefully has a decent career.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote