View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 11:54 AM   #807
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
But it's really structured as a two year deal, with all the guaranteed money up front. And like I said, Cousins is a 36 year-old (by start of season) quarterback coming off Achilles surgery. He's slated to be the third oldest starting QB this season. I don't think you plan on him being your starter come 2026. And they don't plan on drafting this high again in the next two years. So I don't hate the process.
I agree it is a two year deal, but if they were trying to go the "Love" route, they could have used a lower first round pick next year after a good playoff run this year for a QB to sit until Cousins is ready to leave/retire. They instead are claiming to be "all in" to win while burning a high-value pick on player you are hoping to not see the field in the next two to three years. A player that is a guy who should be starting now, not a 21 year old that could benefit from some growth like Love was.

In was a bad move no matter how you color it, unless they somehow win the Super Bowl in the next two years. That wasn't that likely to begin with, but this made it even less likely.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote