View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 01:33 AM   #38
Emmett13
Mascot

Another signee

Another major phase has come and gone in recruiting, and we're a tad bit disappointed. With our starting lineup established, it was going to be rough going convincing high level recruits to come be reserves here, but I thought we had a chance at Basil Sanchonius, a 6'6" point guard who I offered a 6th man role too. But, he went off to North Carolina instead. I'll be eager to see if he starts for them.

We didn't completely strike out though:

SG/PG Roger Paulos, 6'3", 199, St. Louis, Missouri, 4*, #117

Paulos looks like our backup PG for this season. He's a very good defender that puts pressure on the ball and is going to generate some turnovers. He has shot the ball extremely well in high school from distance and has a solid floor game and can run an offense. He's really just about what the doctor ordered. He'll get his 8 minutes at backup PG, and won't be completely out of place off the ball with his ability to shoot and his adequate size.

Depending on how the rest of recruiting, goes he could potentially see a lot of minutes at the 2 this year. I do think he and Ridder as a defensive backcourt would cause some havoc, even they would be a little undersized.

We still have 3 scholarship to offer, we have 2 currently offered. I 100% need at least one more wing that can play the 3/2 role. Roster as of right now:

PG: Tevin Ridder SO, Soufiyane Mimms SR
SG: Temple Timmerman FR, Roger Paulos FR
SF: Ishmael Green FR
PF: AJ Rushin JR, Eros Zenga JR
C: Marquese Henshaw SO, Garth Ludwig SO, Kazimierz Kusmierz SR
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote