Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 05:30 AM   #208
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I have never heard of Jerusalem Syndrome.

Me neither. Interesting. I'll have to watch myself if/when I visited Jerusalem (on the bucket list)

Jerusalem syndrome - Wikipedia
Quote:
Jerusalem syndrome is a group of mental phenomena involving the presence of religiously themed obsessive ideas, delusions, or other psychosis-like experiences that are triggered by a visit to the city of Jerusalem. It is not endemic to one single religion or denomination but has affected Jews, Christians, and Muslims of many different backgrounds. It is not listed as a recognised condition in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or the International Classification of Diseases.

The best known, although not the most prevalent, manifestation of Jerusalem syndrome is the phenomenon whereby a person who seems previously balanced and devoid of any signs of psychopathology becomes psychotic after arriving in Jerusalem.[not verified in body] The psychosis is characterised by an intense religious theme and typically resolves to full recovery after a few weeks or after being removed from the area.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote