View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #216
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Simmons...

Love his sense of humor and the guess the lines podcast but man on man is he not only a huge homer that won't get over the Brady thing but his vitriol aimed at ESPN is insane. How exactly does he think he got his exposure? Why was he able to rub elbows with all these athletes? Definitely a case of both sides thinking they are more important than they really are.

I think that Simmons would easily be one of the most annoying and insufferable celebrities to know in real life. Love his stuff with Klosterman. Love guess the lines. But you would think after 15 or so years, he would not need to keep pointing out that he hangs out with famous people.

And the Brady stuff has gotten almost weird. Of course Simmons is a homer; that's always been part of his package. But at some point over the last few months, Brady became the greatest QB of all time, and a federal judge saying that the NFL did not follow the CBA guidelines in imposing punishment meant that all of the substantive findings regarding the deflation had been invalidated.

Personally, I am of the I-wouldn't-trust-the-NFL-to-say-if-water-is-wet camp, so I have no idea what really happened with the balls. But it has gotten to the point where I hope that tomorrow some undisputed smoking gun comes out proving that Brady deflated balls while taking steroids and paying off refs, just so that Simmons will stop talking about him.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote