View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 09:10 PM   #50
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Working out today went well. I typically rest 1 min to 1.5 minutes between sets, depending on the exercise. I rest 2-3 minutes between exercises, depending on my level of exhaustion after the sets. I use my watch to keep careful track of the time.

Bench press at 6 reps and 4 sets. Incline bench 8 reps and 3 sets. Key note on this was that my grip was slightly more inside than normal. Flat dumbell flys and alternating dumbell presses were next. 6 reps and 3 sets each.

Started getting pretty tired at this point. I was supposed to do 2 sets of 20 pushups at this point, but only did one set. I finished this workout with running a mile. I hate running miles, but it's a necessary evil with the Navy and their 1.5 mile run for time that I have to do twice a year.

I got to the room and did a little balancing drill I picked up out of a book as well.

I added this bit since I won't be playing this week as per the schedule, and it hopefully will improve me as a ballplayer.

I've been taking creatine, and would like to start taking some kind of protein and/or nitrogen supplements.

ACTUAL SOFTBALL UPDATE:

Injuries: Vinson, 2b, hairline fracture in his foot. Thomas, 3b, sore shoulder. This causes a few ripples in the team. Rob Chastain moves to short, I go to 2nd. Smith goes to third base, it what may hopefully calm down a little ugliness over playing time.