View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #39
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm about four batters down in the lineup as we come up to the plate, but base hits score a run and put runners at first and second for me.

I take ball one, and it lands where my feet were. I back out of the box, and step back in.

2-1 count, and I'm anxious to hit, since this is likely my last at bat. I like the flight of this pitch and it's predestined to be hit. The ball dies as it comes to the plate and would have landed well in front if I didn't guide it down the 3rd base line, foul.

2-2 count and the ball lands well outside. Full count.

3-2 and I'll swing at anything relatively close.

SMASH. I hit that one, and the left fielder is not even close. Playing me short because of my size, he has to turn and run. I love seeing the back of an outfielder's jersey as he runs after something I hit. That is a great feeling.

Hitting the ball was a nice feel as well. I really connected with the pitch, no stinging, just a sweet, fluid, swing. Excellent. I'm chasing the runner on first around the bag, and stop at 2nd as the relay comes in front of me to the shortstop, the runner continues on to home, and scores on a non play. 2 more RBIs for Ardent Enthusiast.

I would score two batters later. In the bottom of the fourth, we're up 7-5. I come out and Smith moves to short. Jerry Black moves to third, and I'm done for the day.

Time to shutdown. I pull off the Champion sweatshirt that was under my Twisted Steel shirt/jersey.