View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #37
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The bottom of the 2nd was pretty ugly as well, and I certainly played a part in this one.

The first batter hit a very soft grounder, and I was playing a little too deep for it. Thomas gave a soft first step to cut it off, and I wish he would have continued. I sprint to the ball and throw it right to first, but the guy just barely beats it out. I don't credit myself with an error on that one.

The very next batter hits one back to Senior Chief Langlois, the pitcher, who throws, to me I think. Vinson came to the bag as well instead of backing the play up and the ball goes into centerfield as I couldn't quite reach back for the throw from Langlois. Communication error, I should be taking control of my infield.

Very next play is soft looper that Thomas again takes a soft first step to, and I break late on the play. I palm the ball as I pull it out of the glove, and my throw is nowhere near Big Bill. Give me an error on that one. Bases loaded.

Fortunately, despite my problems, we only allow 2 of these runs in, and we're down 5-3 going into the top of the 3rd. I finished the 2nd inning with an assist as I throw out a runner at 2nd (Vinson on the put out).

Last edited by Poli : 05-19-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote