View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 08:46 PM   #36
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In the top of the 2nd, I come up 4th. Singles and a walk load the bases up for this 5'8", 149 lb power hitter. I'm sure I put fear into the pitcher as I stepped into the box with my Easton batting gloves on.

I didn't have the gloves a few weeks back, and I sure missed them. They were in storage back home in Missouri. One of the very first things I did when I got home was find the batting gloves. I still need to buy some baseball pants. I went shopping with my birthday money for some last weekend, but couldn't find anything in my rural hometown area. The Chicago land area is more promising, but I don't really like venturing out into this area without any knowledge of where I'm going. I'm trying to secure a friend to go with me.

I digress.

So, I stand up, batting 1.000 on the season, and I'm sure this pitcher has no clue I hit the fence the last time I batted. The first pitch lands in front of the plate and to the right. 2nd pitch lands in front, and the third pitch inside. I walk to first, and I'm credited with a RBI. I love this game. Our first run of the game as well.

The next batter sends a grounder to third base, and the fielder tags the bag, but gets no one else out. I advance to 2nd on the play.

Next man up sends a soft liner to left, and Jerry Black the 3rd base coach waves me in. I score without a play, and we've now just tied the game at 3 a piece.

We don't score any more for the inning and I head back onto the field for the bottom of the 2nd.