View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #14
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now a bit on the teams I've seen:

There is a Marine Corps team, and they look pretty good. Right and Right Center were weak for them, but that's generally a weak spot on any team. They swung the bats well, and generally mauled the TSC Storm.

TSC Storm had a good infield, and as I was bragging on them during the above mentioned game, the second baseman made an error on a routine ball. That said, they have at least a good 3/4 of an infield. The rest of their team is suspect, including Sorensen, and they have a jerk for a coach. Another member of the storm is IC2 McManus, a guy I went through instructor training with.

The Red Ropers, or the Recruit Division Commanders, are a great team, and my pick to win it. They're named after the red ropes that are part of their uniform to distinguish them for their job. Some of these guys are in tremendous shape and can flat out launch the ball. They mauled the team they played just before us as well. On this team is Chief Knouce, another member of my instructor class.

We've played both student teams, and neither strike fear in my heart. In fact, I'm not sure who would win if they played each other. The game would probably last forever, just like in "The Iowa Baseball Confederacy".

Two engineering teams, and we've played both in the preseason, and we beat both of them.

An awful lot of Hospital staff teams. Corps school students, Corps school staff, at least one, maybe two hospital staff teams, and I think a barracks staff team. I haven't seen any of them play.

The last look I got was IT A school, the team that wanted to pick me up. I saw them play another game, but don't recall if they won or lost. If I'm not mistaken, they lost. They have about 3 really good players, the pitcher, short, and perhaps the left fielder. They looked better in the 2nd game, but I wouldn't consider them a threat.