View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #13
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
How dare you start another dynasty without telling me ?
Man, you were trying to sneak past me with that one, weren't you ?

Well, mister, I'm on to you now !

OK, you can carry on now, I'm finished...

Just an update on my finger. Playing on Wednesday didn't hurt it at all. Of course, I only swung twice. I was kind of surprised I launched the ball as hard as I did, since I was holding the bat differently and all. Perhaps I need to adjust my hitting habits. The finger was bandaged the whole time, so that may have had something to do with it.

Since then, I've removed the bandage and the loose dead skin. The numbness in my finger seems to have gone away as well. The new skin is still slightly sensitive, but I got a feeling I'll be able to play the field on Monday. I'm sure I'll be taking some grounders before the game to see how it feels.

Overall, I'm very happy with the way my index finger has came around. I've sliced it open once before on the USS Carr, and it took a long time for it to heal. I really thought I was going to lose the tip of the finger at first, and now it appears I'll be able to play on Monday.

The schedule will be tight on Monday as we (Will, Rob, and I) will all be at Physical Training (PT) with the students on Monday afternoon at 1500. That will last an hour, and then we have an hour to get to the field. The base isn't that big, so that won't be a problem. Just another long day.

A note on the schedule: Since the league has to play at 80-H this year instead of the two normal ballfields we play on, there will only be one game a week. It's not a doubleheader, either, so that stinks. There's just too many teams wanting to play to do it any other way.