View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So, my finger is hurt, and still is. This is a problem. From Friday through Sunday I felt like someone hit me with a truck. Every muscle in my upper body ached. I slept a whole lot. A whole lot. I didn't want to move. Fortunately, by Monday my body was feeling better, if not my finger.

Will asked me to come out and go to a batting cage with him on Monday, so I did. The first round left my finger stinging, so Will suggested I try letting go of the bat with my right hand a little sooner, and keeping the finger off the bat entirely. I did, and it seemed to work for me.

I declared myself fit to hit for Thursday, our first game. The jury was still out on if I would actually take the field, though. I wanted to press the issue and start throwing Monday, but Will didn't like the idea, and wanted me to wait until Wednesday before the game.

Tuesday I put on my glove for the first time since the injury and tried taking the ball out of the glove. I wanted to see how it would feel, since my finger seemed to be healing. 50% of the time I could take the ball out of the glove without pain. Not a good percentage, really, so I told Will I probably couldn't field on Wednesday, our first game.