View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday was supposed to be a practice day, but not all the team was aware of it. In fact, when I arrived at 80-H, two teams were about ready to play, and I was the only one from my team there.

I seized the opportunity to play a game, joining the IT "A" School team to play against the TSC Storm. The Storm had Joe Sorensen pitching on there team, another Nimitz refugee. Joe was a buddy of mine on the ship, and we often were around each other. He's a big guy. I like him quite a bit, unless he's drunk.

IT A school played me at second base, and batted me 6th. I had a good day in the field, but again struggled at the plate. I handled every fielding opp well, but was overthrown twice at second base. Once by the shortstop (I'm used to a taller 2nd baseman) and once by the third baseman (you weren't at the bag!) who threw it where I was at, instead of the bag.

We lost 10-4. IT A school asked me to join their team. I think I would have rather been on the Storm's team. I had the chance to join them through Joe Sorensen, but opted to play with the guys I go to work with everyday.