View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent's Softball Season

I'm not a fabulous athlete. However, I do love to play softball and football. Softball season has just started here at Naval Training Center, Great Lakes. I had just one goal going into this year: Get on a team.

That's normally a pretty easy thing to do, but with the way my orders were set up to arrive here, I thought I might get caught in the middle and not get a team. Fortunately, two things helped me out.

The weather up here has been pretty cold. That delayed the start of the season until the end of April instead of the beginning of the month. Also, the two main fields were/are being reseeded and not ready for play, thus we have to play at Field 80-H, or something like that.

By the time I reported to the command where I'm currently working, they were already fielding their team. I kept my eyes and ears open, and heard the coach, FC2 Will Kerchee(Fire Controlman, 2nd class. I'm an ET2, electronics technician, 2nd class) talking to my boss about the team. I told them I was interested, and it went from there.

This is my ongoing story: Ardent, the softball player.

Poli is offline   Reply With Quote