View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #12
Edward64
Head Coach

Kinda gross but Darwin-like.

Woman Who Gouged Out Her Eyes Reveals Why She Did It | PEOPLE.com
Quote:
Kaylee Muthart, the woman who ripped out her own eyes while in a meth-induced psychotic state last month, is finally home and hopes for a better life after losing her sight.

Muthart was found gouging out her own eyes with her hands outside of a church in Anderson, South Carolina, on February 6. The 20-year-old fought off help from locals while in a state of delirium, and it eventually took a team of deputies to restrain Muthart long enough to transport her to the trauma unit at nearby Greenville Memorial Hospital, where doctors broke the news to Muthart’s mother, Katy Tompkins, that her daughter was completely blind.
:
:
As Muthart walked closer the church while she searching for an acquaintance, she felt time was running out to save the world, she made her sacrifice.

“I proceeded to pull out my eyes with my bare hands and twisted them, and pulled them, and popped them,” she says. “I told the pastor who showed up, ‘Pray for me, I want to see the light, pray for me.’ ”

Today, with the help of her mother, Muthart is working out her experiences of that day, and trying to reconnect her faith.

“I’m learning Genesis to build my foundation,” she says, before letting out a laugh. “When I do something, I go big or go home… obviously. Humor is something that gets me by, laughing, music, that day itself.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote